For the last few weeks, I’ve been hearing about this amazing soup that is super low fat (ZERO WW points) and amazingly tasty. I was skeptical because how can anything that good and healthy be that delicious? But my curiosity was piqued, so I assembled the very simple ingredients. Let me tell you the reviews are true! The recipe I used made a huge batch which lasted almost five days. It definitely helped fill me up and kept me from making any bad choices. I loved it so much I’ve decided to keep a batch handy for lunches during the week.
There are variations of this recipe all over the internet but I really liked this one from A Veggie Venture. Note: From what I’ve heard cabbage is key to this recipe.
I’ve never used it in anything until now so I went to my friend Google and found this helpful guide. I’m too impatient for YouTube but there are tons of videos there as well.
- 6 cups veggie broth
- Cooking spray
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound frozen green beans (I forgot this ingredient but had a bag of frozen green beans/cauliflower mix from TJ’s that worked perfectly.)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (Oops.I used half a can and it was fine)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large zucchini, diced (I used more because I love zucchini…not as much as I love wine but that probably wouldn’t taste good in the soup.)
- Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender.
Serve and enjoy! Velvet Moon is optional (but a great enhancement to any meal.)